Vitamin C and E Skincare Products for this Summer 2020
Summers are coming and it can get really tough for the skin to cope up with the harshness of the sun. It gets even tougher when you don’t have enough knowledge of what vitamins and nutrients are helpful for your skin and how they can keep your skin calm, healthy and smooth, all along with the summer.
To get started with today's discussion, let me first tell you that two of the most essential nutrients that your skin can’t miss this summer are Vitamin C and E. Yes, you guessed it right. Today we will learn why skincare products enriched with Vit. C and E are a must in your skincare regimen. So let’s start with the skin benefits of Vitamin C and E:
Vitamin C and E for healthy skin:
Uses of Vitamin C:
Vitamin C is one of the main constituents of the skin. And apart from aging, when you come in direct contact with the UV rays, the Vitamin C content in the skin is significantly reduced. To restore the lost vitamin C is very essential for maintaining a happy skin. Vitamin C exhibits natural antioxidant properties and the skin needs it, here’s why:
- Keeps the skin hydrated: In summers when too much body fluid is lost via sweat, it is necessary to keep the skin hydrated all day long and Vitamin C assists in maintaining that.
- Fights sun damage: The harsh sunlight can damage the skin causing redness, irritation, etc. But with Vitamin C you’ll have no need to worry as Vitamin C takes care of it.
- Removes dark circles: Vitamin C encompasses hydrating properties and when used in the form of any natural beauty product, it can significantly help in getting rid of those under eye dark circles.
- Anti-aging: Vitamin C is well-known for its anti-aging properties as it helps in reducing wrinkles by enhancing collagen production in the skin.
Uses of Vitamin E:
- Hyperpigmentation: Too much melanin in the skin can cause dark patches in the skin. However, Vitamin E is known to be effective against hyperpigmentation.
- Smooth skin & lips: Many natural lip balms available in the market have Vitamin E as the main ingredient that is helpful in maintaining the smooth texture of the lips and also make them look glossy. Moreover, Vitamin E also keeps the skin smooth and hydrated.
- Protection against skin-aging and wrinkles: One of the very common skin issues is wrinkling of the skin which can make you look much older than you really are. However, Vitamin E with its antioxidant properties combined with increasing the blood circulation keeps a check on skin-aging.
Where to get Vitamin C and Vitamin E for skin:
Face Wash: There are many Vitamin C face washes, Vitamin E face washes as well as enriched with both these together face washes available in the market. However, when choosing, one should do thorough research if these face washes are using natural products or not. Chemicals will only end up messing with your skin more.
Oral Intake: Vitamin C and E tablets are easily available in the market and one can even include them alongside the regular diet. Oral intake helps both the skin and body by leveling up the deficiency.
Face Masks: Face masks containing Vitamin C and/or E as the main ingredients are very important in the day to day skincare regimen and can’t be missed upon. From keeping the skin hydrated to removing impurities from the skin to unclogging pores, they can work wonders on any skin type.
Other skincare products: Many products enriched with Vitamin C and E are available in the market, ranging from face serums to anti-pollution skincare products to shampoos and whatnot. These products take good care of both your skin as well as your hairs and therefore, finding the perfect products that suit your skin type and hairs and then using it regularly is a must all round the year not just during summers.
Vitamins play a very prominent role in keeping our body as well as skin healthy and therefore, are a must for maintaining healthy and glowing skin. Try to include both these vitamins in your daily skincare products and get ready to challenge the intense heat of summers.